Discover Robotic Polishing
To ensure quality of your surface finish, AV&R Energy’s team has developed robotic systems that polish industrial gas turbine’s blades, vanes, and fan blades. Without removing too much material or coating, these systems guarantee a neat surface finish which fits within your tolerances.
According to the type of finishing being performed, AV&R Energy’s polishing systems polish large metallic or with thermal barrier coating (TBC) parts using adaptive technologies, force and inspection feedback. They polish blade’s foil, platform, and fillet and can also create radius on its edges.
Automated Polishing Benefits
When you replace manual sanding, polishing or surface finishing by an automated system, you:
- Increase quality and repeatability by eliminating human subjectivity
- Reduce workers’ injuries
- Get workers out of high risk areas
- Minimize the harmful effects of dust in the plant with integrated dust collector
- Optimize tool use realizing abrasive cost reduction
- Get faster cycle times
- Reduce labour costs
- Save time and ensure quality by combining automated inspection and validation in the same system
Polishing Systems Specifications
AV&R Energy’s polishing systems uses various technologies to obtain tight tolerances, among others:
- Adaptive machining
- Closed-loop capabilities
- Inspection capabilities
- Coating thickness feedback
- Wall thickness feedback
- Leading and trailing edge feedback
- Chord length feedback
Do not hesitate to contact AV&R Energy’s experts for more information on this robotic polishing offer.